My upcoming book Yoga Deconstructed®: Movement science principles for teaching, is slated to be published by Handspring Publishing on November 4th in the UK/Europe and on December 4th in the US/Canada.
Yoga Deconstructed®: Movement science principles for teaching
Jump on my list below to be notified when the book is available to order.
About the book:
Many people are drawn to a physical yoga practice as a way to reduce stress and move more. However, because most of their time is spent at a desk, their bodies are often not well prepared to perform many of the traditional physical poses.
Additionally, naturally flexible people will be drawn to the practice, because it comes easily to them. However, they frequently lack the stability needed to support their joints in these positions, which may make them more vulnerable to pain and repetitive stress injuries.
Yoga Deconstructed® offers the experience of yoga with an interdisciplinary approach that integrates other movement modalities and modern movement science. This approach helps students become more well-rounded in their movements, which prepares them for asana and may improve their ability to function in everyday life.
This book teaches:
- How to help students develop movement skills and reduce their risk of injury within the scope of yoga, Pilates or any other movement modality.
- Regressions and progressions for yoga asana to fit the unique needs of the student.
- Critical thinking skills to help students safely transition from physical therapy to group classes.
- Strategies to introduce variability and neuromuscular re-education to facilitate tissue resiliency, neuroplasticity, and new motor patterns.
- Modern movement applications, including somatics, sensory feedback methods, and preparatory exercises.
- How to deconstruct and expand yoga asana to reduce the risk of hypermobility and repetitive stress injuries.