Regress to Progress Online Course + Yoga Deconstructed® Flash Sale!
About Regress to Progress
Have you been trying to teach creative group yoga and Pilates classes that are informed by modern movement science?
Are you struggling to strike a balance between educating your private clients and group class students while still providing a playful and challenging experience?
Do you want your group class students to learn new movement skills rather than reinforcing their compensatory patterns?
Are you more interested in the movement journey and learning experience than the final destination?
Do you want to challenge your brain, not just your body during your movement practice?
This course will empower you to do all of the above and more!
In this 35 minute online course you will learn principles of regression and progression that you can apply to any yoga pose, exercise or human movement.
Rather than trying to memorize specific modifications and variations for hundreds of poses and exercises, you will learn HOW to use your critical thinking skills and then APPLY them to yourself and your students.
As a teacher, the concepts and tools you'll learn in this course will prepare you to problem solve IN THE MOMENT and EMPOWER your private clients and group class students to achieve their goals while having fun!
This course is a combination of lecture slides and movement. You will learn not just by reading, seeing, and hearing, but also by FEELING and MOVING.
About the YOGA DECONSTRUCTED® 3 Class Pack
Learn how to master challenging yoga poses by investigating what is happening joint by joint in all planes of motion. These classes will take you on a creative journey filled with endless, playful, and purposeful possibilities.
These Yoga Deconstructed® classes incorporate preparatory exercise, somatics, and modern movement science to help you and your students stay injury-free and improve strength, mobility, and coordination.
These classes will help you:
- Demystify the inner layers of your body to reveal the infrastructure of asana.
- Arm yourself with the knowledge to heal by uncovering kinesthetic “clues” about your daily movement that could be creating pain.
- Prevent repetitive stress injuries by adding strength and stability components within familiar yoga poses.
- Explore multiple dimensions of movement in a joyful & integrated manner.
- Awaken new kinetic chains and master an internal portrait of your body.
Class 1: DECONSTRUCTING WITH SLIDES, HOPS, & OSCILLATIONS
This 75-minute class will teach you:
- The essential elements to regress poses, such as Bird of Paradise, Skandasana, and Bound Side Angle Pose, which require hip external rotation, flexion, and abduction.
- How to connect to your oblique chains, deep core, and more...
- Somatic exercises and oscillations to unravel anxiety, stress & tension.
CLASS 2: DECONSTRUCTING WITH DIAGONALS & SPIRALS
In this 75-minute class, you will learn:
- How to create stability and strength at your end ranges-of–motion in safe & surprising ways.
- Creative preparatory exercises to help your students improve their thoracic mobility and shoulder + hip stability
- Somatic strategies to down-regulate the nervous system and create an environment for enhanced motor learning.
CLASS 3: THE PRIVATE LESSON
If you’ve ever wondered how to apply modifications and variations to the exercises that Trina teaches, then this class for you.
This 75-minute class shows Trina teaching a private lesson and dives deeper into the exercises and sequences covered in Class 1. It will also show you how to regress the exercises in Class 1 using different props and tactile feedback.